Breaking News

Teleseryes Tend To Prioritize Eye Candy Over Plot

Okay here's a belated birthday present to The Worse Half leading lady Shaina Magdayao (her birthday was yesterday). Hehe. Anyway I could talk about how teleseryes do one of the worst things is to prioritize eye candy OVER plot. While I do tend to watch certain well-written stories for the attractive actress over the plot but I couldn't even watch teleseryes even for the eye candy. Like how often did I dump anything that GMeeW-7 or ABiaS-CBN threw. I couldn't even watch Angel Locsin's TV series even just for her beauty regardless which channel it was.

So what's the problem with relying on eye candy? You can get a Mega-Disaster like Power Rangers Megaforce. I don't deny Megaforce is full of eye candy for both genders but that didn't stop the show from getting all the fair amount of hate even from longtime Power Rangers fans. It even caused some Power Rangers fans to walk away and I don't blame them. I watched it for eye candy but couldn't even watch more than a half because of how mind-numbing it was. That's the problem of teleseryes - they tend to think on the surface without thinking about writing a decent plot.

You could talk about how a lot of these shows may have lots of eye candy but that show isn't even worth your time. I wonder did ABiaS-CBN and GMeeW-7 ever consider why K-Dramas are very engaging? Some of them may not have a lot of eye candy but they give an engaging plot. I may get shallow and pitiful at times but I could enjoy a good story without eye candy. But I guess for these TV networks they think that the attractive actors or actresses is what makes their audience watch the shows. 

Should I mention that maybe you only watch the teleseryes for the bed scenes or gravure scenes then you don't bother to finish watching the episode for the night? I guess some people may have just watched it for the bed scenes then ignored it altogether. Maybe, you just watched the gravure scenes then switched the channel. That alone should be proof that the use of eye candy alone isn't reliable though having eye candy can be a plus. But as I learned eye candy isn't everything considering that I'm still rewatching a couple of TV series where the eye candy is very minimal. 

The illustration is plain and simple. An engaging story with very little eye candy is quality food wrapped less attractively. Teleseryes are like badly prepared food with attractive packaging. You can have both sold. At first, many will buy the badly prepared food because of the attractive packaging and only a few will buy the food with less attractive packaging. Those who ate the badly prepared food will no longer return. Word of mouth will come out how the quality food with less attractive packaging is so good. No amount of sugar will make a badly prepared food taste good. That's the problem with teleseryes and their eye candy. 

No comments